Donating blood is safe, simple and it saves lives.
Schedule an appointment to donate whole blood.
10 Reasons to Donate Blood
- Blood transfusions save lives.
- There’s no substitute for human blood.
- Every three seconds, someone needs a blood transfusion.
- About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood.
- A pint of blood, separated in to components, can help up to three people.
- Fulfills your desire to “give back” to the community.
- You’ll receive free wellness screenings, including blood pressures, cholesterol and iron level every time you donate.
- You’ll learn your blood type.
- You’ll earn hero reward points toward free movie tickets, ice cream and more.
- It’s safe, simple and it saves lives.
- Prospective donors first complete a health history questionnaire and screening interview.
- The next step involves a brief physical examination of blood pressure, pulse, temperature and a test for anemia.
- If the prescribed medical requirements are met, a pint of blood is drawn from the donor.
Afterwards, donors are served refreshments while remaining seated for 15 minutes.
- The entire process takes about one hour and 15 minutes; the actual donation of a pint of whole blood unit takes eight to 10 minutes. However, the time varies slightly with each person depending on several factors including the donor’s health history and attendance at the blood drive..
Where to Donate
Select the most convenient donation location for driving directions and hours.