Donating blood is safe, simple and it saves lives.
Schedule an appointment to donate whole blood.
10 Reasons to Donate Blood
- Blood transfusions save lives.
- There’s no substitute for human blood.
- Every three seconds, someone needs a blood transfusion.
- About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood.
- A pint of blood, separated in to components, can help up to three people.
- Fulfills your desire to “give back” to the community.
- You’ll receive free wellness screenings, including blood pressures, cholesterol and iron level every time you donate.
- You’ll learn your blood type.
- You’ll earn hero reward points toward free movie tickets, ice cream and more.
- It’s safe, simple and it saves lives.
- Prospective donors first complete a health history questionnaire and screening interview.
- The next step involves a brief physical examination of blood pressure, pulse, temperature and a test for anemia.
- If the prescribed medical requirements are met, a pint of blood is drawn from the donor.
Afterwards, donors are served refreshments while remaining seated for 15 minutes.
- The entire process usually takes less than one hour.
Where to Donate
Select the most convenient donation location for driving directions and hours.