10 Reasons to Donate Blood
- Blood transfusions save lives
- There is no substitute for human blood
- Every three seconds, someone needs a blood transfusion
- About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood
- One pint of blood, separated into components, can help up to three people
- Offers a way for you to give back to your community
- You will receive free wellness screenings, including blood pressures,
cholesterol and iron level every time you donate
- You will learn your blood type
- You will earn hero reward points toward free movie tickets, T-shirts, gift cards and more
- It is safe, simple and it saves lives
- REGISTRATION: Prospective donors complete a health history questionnaire.
- HEALTH HISTORY: Donors meet with a staff member for a screening interview
and a brief physical examination.
- DONATION: If the eligibility requirements are met, you will proceed to the right donation
for your blood type and preference.
- REST & REFRESH: After the donation, donors are served refreshments.
(California state regulations require that all donors remain onsite 15 minutes after donation).
The entire donation process averages about one hour. Please note, time varies slightly with each person depending on the donor’s health history, type of donation and attendance at the blood drive or donor center.
Where to Donate
Blood Centers of the Pacific has 6 centers and hundreds of blood drives located throughout Northern California. Find a Center or Blood Drive near you.